For the past month or so we have been posting Reynard City writing prompts for our latest writing contest.
In this blog, we are going to list the full Reynard City writing prompts, 30 keywords and pictures designed to help inspire your ideas for stories, as well as some additional hints, tips and resources to help you with your writing. Remember- the deadline is not until 30th April, so you have plenty of time to complete your work.
Reynard City writing prompts
Below are some illustrations to go with the Reynard City writing prompts, you can see all 30 on our Deviantart Writing Prompts folder.
1. Short stories should be no more than six pages
2. You don’t need to do a short story- it can be a monologue, a poem, a sketch, whatever you want.
3. Keep it clean- Different types of stories, genres and so forth are great, but ideally we’d like it as part of the Reynard City story.
4. I know I probably don’t need to say this but the prompts are just a general guide- we’re not expecting you to put them in as keywords or try and put as many in as possible. If you want to use a couple as inspiration that’s fine.
5. Using the pictures is recommended too- Try and imagine a story from a different perspective, or use it as a way of telling a different story but with that picture as inspiration.
Links and resources
Here are some extra resources to help you with your writing-
Sometimes music can help, so we’ve included Vibes and Sal’s playlists too!
Finally our long term supporter and writer Edward Couzens-Lake runs Couzens Media and we strongly recommend his excellent books on Norfolk sport and local interest, as well as being an excellent copywriter.