It is now getting to that time when people start thinking about Christmas gift shopping. Sometimes it’s not always easy, some people are harder to buy for than others. While you may have some main ones in mind here are a few suggestions to help if you want some Christmas gift ideas for something a bit different, and also to help support some fantastic people who deserve it!
General gift tips
* If you can buy local and independent- aside from supporting local businesses, it’s also the chance to add something a bit different to what people are expecting. A lot of them will have vouchers as well so it’s ok to keep it simple and often it won’t be as expensive as you’d think- This doesn’t mean to say you have to buy only from these sources, but if your main present is the latest comic book movie or something that needs to be bought from a major store, you could also throw in a little extra from somewhere independent as well (eg buy the DVD from a major shop, but get the snacks from an independent shop/cafe).
* Use gift bags, envelopes etc- If you are like me and rubbish at gift wrapping, keep it simple and invest in a gift bag or cover up with an envelope so that you can avoid excessive wrapping. Also some shops do charity gift wrap services so it’s a chance to save yourself a job and help a charity in the process.
* The challenge is to think what people want while at the same time going for something they might not get themselves. People often mistake the term “it’s the thought that counts” for “I remembered to buy something.” It’s not about how much you spend but getting something appropriate for what they want.
* Look around charity shops- Books, art prints and other interesting items can be bought here. Also if you do have a bit of spare change then support a charity
#charitytuesday Please be fab and support these great causes @bigctweets @break_charity @BiscuitJill @CharityTBF @PBHospice @LeewayDV @NANSANorfolk @nelsonsjourney @MindCharity @samaritans @JessAlzUK @SusieGander @chillibean2018 @littleheroeskit @Thunder__Man
— Rob Turner (@ReynardCity) November 20, 2018
* Do it yourself- You can buy hampers, boxes etc to make custom gifts and this is a good way to make them look a bit more stylish.
* Use cards instead of gift tags- You can put a nice message on there (and can also help to distract from terrible gift wrapping.)
With Reynard City Chronicles we have a couple of packages to go with. You can just get the comic on its own, or with some extra goodies as well (including badges, prints and even coffee).
If you live in Beccles you can buy your copy at Beccles Books or if you are in Norwich you can get it from Canary Comics And Collectibles at the Norwich mark (Unit 135 Row F). Also special shoutout to former Liberal Democrat MP and Nelson’s Journey charity fundraiser Simon Wright who bought a copy and tweeted us!
Of course, it may be the case that you want to get someone a gift but they don’t live close to you, or it’s too late to post it out. That’s not a problem- with our download package you can give it to them without the need for gift wrap, send it to them anywhere in the world and ready in time for Christmas! As well as the comic we’ll also add an additional lucky dip bonus including one of The Perfect Platinum Collection, AK Girl Adventures or a short story.
Issue 2 exclusive gift
So happy to say Reynard City Chronicles Issue 2 is now starting production, with artwork by new artist Joe Draco Petterson. In order to fund this we have 3 cameo slots available (it was 4 by one has been generously bought by regular supporter Rev701) for £100.
What this means is you will get a cameo appearance in the comic, as well as your own signed copy plus additional gifts in a special edition Fox Box (more on that later).
If you are interested and would like to know more you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like to secure a cameo then you can pay for it via our Paypal link here
While we’re here this is the cover and the title “The Liar Revealed”.
There is still time to secure a special Christmas edition Fox Box by paying $10 at the end of this month (Patreon link here). As well as items specifically related to the comic, we also include extra goodies. If you want to be extra generous you could do this as a subscription and give a gift throughout the year.
Alternatively for $1 you get regular access to some exclusive videos and other extras including early comic page previews, first access to competitions and other additional exclusives, while people who donate $5 a month get custom artwork as an additional bonus.
Commissioning artists is a great way of making something special that is specifically geared to someone. Whether you are looking for something distinct for your business, a greetings card that stands out or a gift that is unique to that person, there is an artist and a style that will be perfect. We have a selection here, if you are interested please get in touch and we will help you out!
Local and independent businesses
We have been very lucky to work with some fantastic local and independent businesses. Below is just a small selection and they offer the chance to buy something a bit different, whether it’s custom chocolates with your logo on, balloon models or quality geek merchandise we recommend looking them up.
A special shoutout especially to our sponsors and supporters Norwich Kitty, Visualise, Hubfizz, Baobab Marketing, The Comics Bolt, Edward Couzens-Lake, Badge Base, Green Farm Coffee, D’almaine Photography, Saffire Chocolates and Level Up.
If you would like to sponsor us please go to our advertise section and find out more, for just £25 a month you can get your business seen in our videos, comics, blogs and more!
Finally I just wanted to say a massive thank you to Nicholas Webb and Strider Syd for their brilliant work on Reynard City Chronicles #1, Jed Soriano for our logo, Jim Keeble from Visualise for formatting the comic, Expert Print Management for the print work, all the artists and creative talent that have worked on Reynard City (pics below including Dan Butcher, Susie Gander, Hayley Evenett, Elie Renard Delisle Lafortune, GreyofPTA, Dedoarts, John Paul Guerra, Natalie Knowles, Cmore Trix and so many more), everyone who backed our Patreon and Indiegogo and my fantastic family and friends. It’s not always been easy this year, but this project means a lot to me and the greatest gift is you continuing to being a part of it.